Teachers at CNPS are continually assessing a student’s progress and achievements, to plan for their learning programs throughout their enrolment at CNPS. Parents are welcome to make an appointment with their child’s teacher to discuss the progress of their child at any time during the year. To give parents the very best opportunity to be involved with their child’s education. CNPS provides three formal scheduled discussion times and two written reports through the year.
- Early March – Parents/ teacher interview. This interview provides parents and teachers an opportunity to:
- Introduce themselves
- Learn more about the child through discussion
- Discuss assessment data and the child’s academic and social progress
- Discuss the goals set for the semester/year
- Raise any concerns they may have
- Discuss ways in which parents/school can provide support to the child’s education
- Mid-term 3 – Parent/teacher meetings to review the child’s progress, achievements and future learning
- Early term 4 – Student led conferences provide students with an opportunity to:
- Increase their involvement in the reporting process
- Take on greater responsibility for their learning
- Reflect on their achievements in an open and honest way
- Share information on their academic progress, as well as their behaviours and social competencies
- Identify areas for improvement for future learning
Formal written reports
- Mid-year – A comprehensive written report is uploaded to Compass for each student.
- End of term 4 – A comprehensive written report is uploaded to Compass for each student summarising the student’s effort, progress and achievements and indicating areas for improvement for the following year. Year 6 students will always receive a hard copy report due to exiting the school at the end of year.
Year 3 and Year 5 students complete NAPLAN- National Assessment Program for English and Mathematics in May each year.
Further information about the curriculum and assessment framework that all Victorian schools report against can be found at http://victoriancurriculum.vcaa.vic.edu.au/
Interviews and Conference bookings
At Carlton North Primary School, we use the Compass on-line booking system (Parent/Teacher/Student Conference) to manage our Parent Teacher interview and Student-led Conference bookings.
You will be notified through our communication system (Compass) of when these dates will be held, as well as a note home to each student.