Enrolments for Foundation 2024 are now open. If you missed our Open Days, you can still book a tour with us. All welcome! Contact us to arrange a date and time.

Process for Foundation Enrolments

Enrolments are now open! Everything you need to know is here in the Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers.

You can also visit the Victorian Government Starting School page on their website.

Enrolment at Carlton North Primary School:

Our school follows the Department of Education’s Enrolment Policy for the enrolment, placement, and transfer of students. Each year the Foundation intake is approximately 40 students. Students who live within the school zone are guaranteed a place at our school. To find out whether you live in zone, visit findmyschool.vic.gov.au

If you reside within the school zone, please complete the Enrolment Form and send to carlton.north.ps@education.vic.gov.au If you require a paper form, please contact the school office on 93474822.

All other applications will be considered subject to available space, and prioritised according to:

  1. students with a sibling at the same permanent address who are attending the school at the same time
  2. all other students in order of closeness of their home to the school.

If you are interested in enrolling at our school, but are outside the zone, please complete the Application Form  and send to carlton.north.ps@education.vic.gov.au If you require a paper form, please contact the school office on 93474822. An enrolment form will be provided when placement is offered.

Enrolling at year levels other than Foundation

Students wishing to enrol in other year levels will need to be living at a permanent residential address where CNPS is the closest government school, although this may vary from year to year and between year levels. Please contact the office by email carlton.north.ps@education.vic.gov.au with your enquiry.

Enrolment of International students

At times, we do enrol international students. International students seeking to enrol in a Victorian Government school must apply to the International Education Division (IED). Details of the application process and application forms are available from the www.study.vic.gov.au website. Families can contact the IED for advice about the application process. The website provides information on the education system in Victoria, how to make an application, student visa requirements, tuition fees and other publications and useful websites.

Virtual Tour video

If you would like to take an online tour, please click the link below.

Tour our school here 

For more information

If you have a question about school zones call the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: vsba@education.vic.gov.au