Science at CNPS provides opportunities for students to develop an understanding of important science concepts and processes, the practices used to develop scientific knowledge, of science’s contribution to our culture and society, and its applications in our lives.
Students can experience the joy of scientific discovery and nurture their natural curiosity about the world around them. In doing this, they develop critical and creative thinking skills and challenge themselves to identify questions and draw evidence-based conclusions using scientific methods.
At CNPS we:
- Teach science every week as a stand alone
- Use hands on and scientific experiences
- Practice Scientific Inquiry Skills in every lesson
- Use the Predict Observe Explain model for Junior school investigations
- Use the 5E’s model for lessons and units
Click on this link to read an article about scientists from the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute visiting the Foundation students in Term 2: Taking science to schools.